Towing a trailer weighing more than 4,600kg - you must have this endorsement!
This 6 hour course is for those holding a valid class 5 lisence, wishing to tow a heavy commercial trailer that weighs more than 4600 kgs loaded, providing that neither the truck nor the trailer are equipped with an air brake system.
Pre-requisites: Code 20 learners
For more information please call:
Kelowna: 250 869-1891
Vernon 250 545-5002
Kamloops 778 471-4117 or our toll free number 1-877-869-1891
Here are your “Next Steps” to upgrading to a professional driver's license…
- Read ICBC Driving Commercial Vehicles (DCV) for class 3 license.
- See page 2 of DCV for reading guidelines.
- *Note – Use Class One Pre-trip Inspection guidelines, but omit air brakes chapters.
- Study appropriate BC Practice Driving Test questions until you are attaining 90% consistently.
- Ensure you study Class 5 questions, signs, lights and road markings from DCV as Heavy Trailer Endorsement learner’s test.
- Go to ICBC or Service BC office and write Class 3 Learner’s Licence.
- If you are coming into one of our Extreme offices, please call to let us know that you are coming in. This will ensure that staff is available to assist you.
- Submit a copy of your Learner’s License & Driver’s Abstract to our office. We will determine road test date with ICBC and start date for training.
* For your consultation visit, please budget 45 minutes.